Hot Tub Terms & Conditions of Use
HOT TUBS - PLEASE READ BEFORE USE
Your hot tub is ready for use when it reaches an operating temperature of 37.5 deg C. Please do not adjust any settings while the tub is heating as this may delay the process.
Due to the peaceful location at Balloch Park, hot tubs cannot be used between the hours of 10pm - 9am, any use during these hours will result in the hot tub being switched off for the remainder of your stay and no monies refunded.
Thank you for your co-operation
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The following information has been provided to help you enjoy your Hot Tub and use it safely. HSE Regulations (2012) governing the provision of Hot Tubs in a Holiday Cottage setting have laid down Advice and Guidance for both the Owner and the User. We are complying with these Regulations in order to minimize the risks.
Our Hot Tubs are kept disinfected, the disinfectant and pH levels are pre-set on your arrival day. Hot tubs are emptied and cleaned between rentals.
We are confident our Hot Tubs are safe to use providing that, in the interests of hygiene and safety, every bather reads, understands and complies with the Advice and Guidance given below.
Advice and Guidance to Hot Tub Users
Due to the high temperature of Hot Tub water (37 - 38 deg C) if users do not take great care they will very quickly create an environment containing ‘solids’ in which bacteria can breed. Some people are more susceptible than others.
- Wear appropriate swimwear at all times
- Shower before entering the hot tub and on exit
- Supervise all children using the hot tub at all times
- Seek medical advice prior to using a hot tub if you suffer from diseases of the heart and circulation, skin conditions, are immunosuppressed, subject to fits, or taking drugs affecting the cardiovascular or nervous systems.
- If pregnant, women are advised to consult with their doctor before using a hot tub
Bathers MUST NOT:-
- Wear lotions, oils, makeup or skin creams in the hot tub
- Swallow the hot tub water
- Exceed 15 minutes immersion at a time
- Exceed the maximum number of seats in the hot tub
- Allow children under the age of four, or those unable to keep their faces out of the water, to use the hot tub
- Use the hot tub if they have had diarrhoea within the last 14 days
- Urinate in the hot tub
- Use the hot tub if incontinent, either with or without a waterproof nappy
- Change babies’ nappies beside the hot tub
- Use the hot tub after a heavy meal or while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
For your safety and protection of equipment please follow the undernoted advice:
- LIFT the lid using only the metal lifter bar provided and place it carefully in the space behind the hot tub. Do not use the skirt, central insulating tabs or locking straps.
- REPLACE the lid after use by using the lifter bar and pulling the skirt down around the edge, fix with the clips/straps where applicable. This keeps the water hot when not in use
- NEVER sit, stand or lie on the lid of the hot tub at anytime or allow children on the lid. The lid is filled with fragile material and is costly to replace
- BRUSH any mud/grit from your feet before entering the water
- DO NOT use oils, soaps or any detergent in the water as this upsets the chemical balance and may damage the hot tub
- SEPARATE hot tub towels are provided, please do not use bathroom towels
- NO GLASSWARE permitted in or around the hot tub
- DO NOT eat, drink or smoke in/near the hot tub
- BUTTONS please do not press more than one button at once (or it will be cold next time you want to use it). Use only brief pressure on buttons
- LIGHTS please do not continuously press 'Lights'; on some hot tubs this can activate a 'Strobe' setting
- DO NOT jump into the water or play ball games
- WASH all swimwear thoroughly immediately after use
Very Important – Please Note
- You use the hot tub at your own risk
- We cannot be held responsible for your safety whilst you are using the hot tub
- You will be held responsible for any damage to the hot tub or cover and any cost involved will be taken from your security deposit or credit/debit card
- If the hot tub becomes unusable during your stay due to failure to follow these guidelines, a charge of £75 will be levied against your credit/debit card if you wish to continue to use the hot tub. This will cover the cost of emptying, cleaning, recharging it with water and chemicals and reheating it.
PLEASE SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH ALL HOT TUB USERS